According to the deeds a school was set up in 1841 for the education of children from the labouring and other poorer classes. The schooling was to be conducted upon the principles of the National Society and was to be under the management and control of the rector and churchwardens.
In January 2012 the school converted to become an academy and is a Church of England Primary School under the direction of the Governing Body and Academy Trust which includes members representing the founding body.
We still maintain the principles of the Church of England foundation and Christian values underlie the aims of the school. There is a daily assembly, involving collective worship and the celebration of children's achievements.